Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday, October 2 (Paint, paint, and more paint)

Kevin, the painter, is finishing up another job and should be able to start Wednesday or Thursday this week. I'll have him start on the exterior now that the rails/columns are done. I picked up paint samples today and plan to try them out tomorrow -- hopefully choosing shades won't be as hard as it was for our own house since I won't have to live with it.

Since it's a flip, I'll need to keep things pretty neutral. There's the obvious reason to appeal to the masses, but also a neutral palette will allow people to feel like they can come in, throw in some color, and make the place "their own". I'm going with a gray/beige tone for the bedrooms, dining room, and front room. I do plan to use a bit of color - I'm leaning towards a warm yellow for the kitchen and an icy light blue for the bathroom. We'll see!

For the exterior, I'm using classic craftsman colors. Birdseye maple (a golden yellow) for the body with cream trim and a deep red (Roycroft copper red) for the accents. Fingers crossed that the colors will look as good on the house as they look on paper.

1 comment:

Rachele said...

My accents are roycroft copper red. The icy light blue will be interesting -- I find the really light cool colors to be hard to get exactly what I want. I can't see the tints of green blue grey brown until I get a large sample onto the wall.