Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday, October 6 (Payday!)

I had to meet with the contractors today to give them draws on their payments. So far, still on budget. It's very cool being at the house since there's so much activity. I had painters, carpenters, and sheetrockers all working at the same time. I think it helps that they all know each other - they seemed to really stay out of each others' ways but also gave each other a helping hand when needed.

Despite the water not being on until today (after a second call to the City water department), Kevin thinks they'll be done with the exterior by the end of the weekend. While the water wasn't on, they kept busy by prepping the interior and scraping the exterior. They're doing a really good job so far - in prepping the interior they had already removed extra nails, curtain hooks, etc. and caulked the holes. Well, of course they would, you say? I've seen plenty of jobs where the painters just painted over these, so I'm impressed I didn't need to remind them.

The sheetrock has been taped/floated, since Jesse was able to start the crown molding - he just has the two bedrooms remaining. So much progress is being made!

Despite the progress, I have a nagging feeling that I'm missing something, so I asked J to do a walk-through tomorrow morning to give me another set of eyes on the project.

No comments: